Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Blogging World

Wow! It is like I have discovered a whole bunch of friends I never knew I had! After discovering the world of blogging through
Mahanandi's Indira, life will never be the same. Being a relatively newly married bride I was only recently introduced to the world of cooking but this is a totally different dimension. Food Blogging.

When at home I barely knew where the kitchen was but how things have changed! Cooking excited me greatly and althought I always had close access to a rayalseema slash karnataka cooking wiki (well most people refer to it as 'my mum') I craved to try new tastes. Being a south indian, I loved north indian and western. I even converted my hard core andhra husband to try pastas, tacos, laksas etc. After a diverse year of cooking I started craving for authentic Andhra recipes. And long behold I stumbled across Mahanandi which lead me to an entire world of recipes longing for me to make.

The photos on the food blogs reignited my passion for photography. Well actually I was thinking of hiring my husband to do the photos (he is the professional photographer of the family so more time for me to cook) so I think I am only going to start the pilot light in my husband.

My first venture was the Sorakaaya yoghurt curry as I had bought Sorakaya for the first time but wasn't too sure what to do with it. Turned out excellent. Now I cannot rest until I have made everything that I have seen. I shall post my first recipe on the weekend (flat chat at work. Have no time to write the blog with professional photos!) so all of you out there can enjoy my first recipe on a sweet note. I guess no post is complete without a photo, so here are some from my recent trip to the Great Barrier Reef.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger archana said...

Welcome to the exciting world of food blogs, it is all fun !! Looking forward to read your posts and try your recipes. Thank you

August 18, 2006 1:45 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Praveena-
Saw your comment on Sailu's blog. Welcome to food blogging-and let me warn you, its pretty ADDICTING...hahaha

All the best with your blog-
cheers

August 18, 2006 11:30 pm  
Blogger Pavani said...

Hi Praveena,
Welcome to the world of blogging. Good luck.

Best
Pavani

August 19, 2006 5:45 am  
Blogger Praveena said...

Archana,
Thanks and I hope your enjoy my recipes

Nandita,
I have noticed it is very Addicting! I cannot make anything without taking photos.

Pavani,
Thanks.

August 20, 2006 5:51 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

A very warm welcome to the world of foodblogging.

August 21, 2006 11:24 pm  
Blogger Praveena said...

Thanks for stopping by Pushpa!

August 23, 2006 8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home